Kimberly is a member and currently the President of the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association. She is also a member of the Criminal Justice Act Panel Committee for the Northern District of New York and is currently the CJA Representative for the Northern District. Additionally, Ms. Zimmer is the Second Circuit Representative to the Practitioners Advisory Group to the United States Sentencing Commission. She is also a member of the Onondaga County Bar Association and the Central New York Women’s Bar Association and previously served on each of those Boards.
- Ms. Zimmer received a B.A. in Economics from the College of the Holy Cross in 1985, and a Juris Doctorate from Cornell University Law School in 1988.
- In 1988, Ms. Zimmer entered the Department of Justice's Honors Program. As a Trial Attorney in the Northern Criminal Enforcement Section, Ms. Zimmer was responsible for federal criminal prosecutions involving federal tax violations. In addition to jury trials and appeals, Ms. Zimmer conducted extensive tax and fraud investigations, including the investigation of federal excise tax evasion schemes and organized criminal activity in the Eastern District of New York. During her tenure at the Tax Division, Ms. Zimmer received a Special Achievement Award for the prosecution and trial of United States v. Getty Terminals Corp. et al.
- From 1991 to 1998, Ms. Zimmer was an Assistant United States Attorney for the Northern District of New York in Albany, New York. As an Assistant United States Attorney, Ms. Zimmer was responsible for all stages of federal criminal prosecutions, including grand jury investigations, indictments, motion practice, trials and appeals to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. Ms. Zimmer's experience included numerous jury trials and appeals. She also has conducted financial fraud investigations involving tax, money laundering, financial institution, credit card, medicare, telemarketing, and other federal program frauds. Ms. Zimmer served as an instructor for the Attorney General's Advocacy Institute and the Youth Courts of the Capital District, Inc. and provided continuing legal education to Special Agents of the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division and the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- As a Senior Trial Counsel for the SEC from 1998 to 2002, Ms. Zimmer was responsible for the prosecution of federal securities fraud violations, including frauds by investment advisers and broker-dealers, prime bank frauds, insider trading, accounting and financial frauds, and offering frauds. Ms. Zimmer's experience at the SEC included an eight-defendant insider trading jury trial in the Southern District of New York, numerous depositions, and emergency matters. While at the SEC, Ms. Zimmer received training on Series 7 broker responsibilities.
- In June 2002, she joined Green & Seifter, Attorneys, PLLC, where she became partner and led the litigation practice group. While at Green & Seifter, Ms. Zimmer handled a wide variety of litigation matters.
- On June 23, 2008, Kim left Green & Seifter, Attorneys, PLLC and opened her own practice, Zimmer Law Office, PLLC.